SLR Koffee Klatch Newsletter
August 26, 2013
Coffee and donuts: Steve and Alice Knitter
Master of Ceremonies: Bob Lapsley
Sound: Bob Trombley
Deaths: Chuck Seely passed away Friday, August 23rd. I don't have an address for his brother to send a card. If anyone here knows the brother's name and address please let me know.
Illness: Joanne Drew is now home from Lake Wales Medical Ctr. following readmission last Tuesday for a sodium deficiency. Cards may be sent to the local address in the directory.
Dennie Pahl is having surgery this Friday, August 30th. She will be in the hospital for a day or two. Cards may be sent to the northern address in the directory.
Charlotte Kautz has been transferred to Spring Lake Nursing and Rehab Ctr. The address is 1540 6th St. NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881. Charlotte is in room 107.
Please remember our Saddlebag friends with prayers, cards and phone calls.
Lois Lapsley Saddlebag Sunshine Lady
696-1111 - email: RDL@slrmail.com
And now for the Good News:
Labor Day Potluck:There will be a potluck on Sept 2, 2013, better known as Labor Day. Bring a generous dish to pass, and your eating utensils. Contacts are Marie Borders or Jean Scheevers.
Saddlebag Express: The deadline for the October issue of the Saddlebag Express is September 16. Get your info to Sue Beagle before then.
Birthdays:None to Report
Anniversaries: None to Report
Returned: None to Report
Leaving: None to Report
Guests/Visitors: None to Report
New Owners: None
Announcements: Our lake level this week is 103 feet and 3 and 1/4 inches. Last Week our water level was 103 feet and 3 inches.
Directory:The new 2013-2014 directories are now available from Sue Beagle. They are yellow in color, and still $1.00 per copy.
Can Tabs:Joan Hannon is still collecting can tabs, which are then donated to Ronald McDonald House.
Potlucks:Fridays at 5PM. Bring a generous dish to pass and your table service. Afterwards, there is card playing.
Post Office: Summer hours, 10:00 -- 11:00 AM
Name Tag: Please wear it if you have one.
Grannies Attic: Open Mondays 9AM -- 4PM
Pinochile is still being played on Thursdays at 1PM. Looking for a few more players.
Once a month after Coffee, there will be an emergency committee meeting. Ken Hall presiding. Ken can be reached, maybe, at 863-255-7419.
Hazardous Waste: Gary Scheevers said if you have some HW and can't get to his house, he will come by and pick it up for you. He can be reached at 863-632-0865
Emergencies: Call 911. Also, call 863-604-4321. This number gets you to our security personnel. This is a cell phone number. The number is also prominently displayed on the front cover of the directory.
Travel:Day Trips: Presented by Cynthia of C&D tours:
1. The September 22nd, 2013 Tampa Bay Rays vs. the Baltimore Orioles. Sunday afternoon. Cost is $58.00 per person. P/u is from Towerwoods @ 10:30 AM. Price includes transportation, baseline seating and driver's gratuities. If interested, either contact Nancy Balch @ 863 978 7479 or Cynthia Hartline @ 863 632 0360. Cynthia has taken your comments into consideration, and is reserving different seats from the last time. If you have any questions, contact either Cynthia or myself. I will be back at SLR on the 26th, but need to know before then if anyone is interested! Thank You.
2. October 26, 2013. Mount Dora Craft Fair. $29.00 per person. Mt. Dora craft show and Fisherman's Village and Christmas lights tours are also showing interest. Don't need money for them yet, but if interested, please let me know.
3. October 30, 2013. Florida Gambling Spree. $135.00 per person do or $197.00 single. One overnight and 3 casinos!
4. November 1, 2013. Medieval Times Castle in Kissimmee. Midday meal & jousting show. $58.00 per person.
5. St. Augustine Christmas Lights Tour- December 4-5th, 2013. The St. Augustine trip is a “go". If you have contacted me and expressed interest, we now need a $50.00 per person deposit. If you are interested, there is still time to sign up!
Cost: $189.00 double occ./ $241.00 single rate.
Includes: escorted deluxe motor coach transportation, two trolley tours, one nights hotel accommodations, dinner at a local restaurant, hot breakfast bar, as well as driver's gratuity.
6. December 7, 2013. Gaither Vocal Band $50.00 per person.Still taking names for the Gaithers in December. It looks like we could fill a bus by SLR alone. Need 56 people, so sign up! That way we won't have to make any stops along the way!
7. December 13, 2013 Rockettes! Details to follow.
8. December 18, 2013. Fisherman's Village Shopping & Christmas Lights Boat Tour. $45.00 per person.
Contact: Nancy Balch, 9 Silver Doctor, 696 1219/ 863 978 7479
Cruise: January 11th, 2014. Presented by CJ of All Aboard Travel. Aboard the Norwegian Epic. Contact Nancy Balch (863 696 1219) or Larry & Laurie Garcia (863 696 3245). There are still good cabins available! Come join 51 other SLR residents for a fun week!
Managers' Report:Good morning,
The annex railings have been installed.
The curbing and walkways are moving along in the parking lot and surrounding areas.They are supposed to deliver sod this week.
The landscaper will be available to begin on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Tucker did the requested curbing at the Pink Lady Circle.
Tucker also completed the camera work in the sewer system. We expect to hear from them in the next day or two so the Board and the management can view the findings and set up a course of action.
Maintenance has been working on the floor of the clubhouse lift station. They have removed enough existing concrete to allow for the pumps to be submerged and cool properly during operation once they are reinstalled.
Maintenance has also been pressure cleaning and painting in a variety of areas. We appreciate your patience while we move through the summertime and quarterly scheduled maintenance.
Foot Painting finished the recreation building floor. That building was re-opened Friday evening.
The retaining wall at the dock has been re-scheduled for Tuesday, August 27.
I found the survey and the legal description of the land owned by SLOA where the sign is located out at SR 60 if anyone would like a copy for reference should they be interested in submitting a suggestion to the Board for the sign replacement.
That's about all I have.
This newsletter is intended to inform everyone with an email address about what is happening here in SLR during the summer. If you know of someone who is not receiving this newsletter, it can still be read on the website: http://saddlebaglakeresort.net. You must Log-In to get the Koffee Klatch, on the left hand side of the screen, After log-in, and clicking on Koffee Klatch, the latest newsletter will be on the screen. All of the past newsletters will also be there. Just click on the date you want to read.
Until next week: Best Wishes, and God Bless. Anyone having any comments, observations, or email address changes, please e mail Bob Trombley at email@example.com.
Unsubscribe Non Newshound SaddlebagLakeResort.net eMails
Unsubscribe All SaddlebagLakeResort.net eMails