SLR Koffee Klatch Newsletter
September 5, 2016
Coffee and donuts: Dick Dain and Bruce Balch. Compliments of Earl and Carol Goetz.
Master of Ceremonies: Ed Weirauch, month of September
Sound: Bob Trombley, Dick Dain, traveling mic
Deaths: None to Report
Illness: Ray Wilcox is still at Lifecare for rehab. He is in room 203 . Cards may be sent to the local address in the directory. Ginny will take them to Ray.
Lois Detenbeck will stay at Grace Healthcare for rehab. She is allowed to leave the facility for short periods of time (like to play bridge) and return back to the Grace.
Steve Stinespring is not responding well to medications prescribed following his stay at Lake Wales Medical Center for blood clots. He has COPD and although on oxygen is having difficulty breathing. Cards may be sent to the local address in the directory.
Barbara Marksbury will have hip surgery on September 20th.
Elinor Schenkavitz's daughter has taken to her home in NY State. An address for her is forthcoming.
Joyce Brandenburg thanked the many Saddlebaggers who sent cards and made visits while she was in the hospital and at the Grace for rehab.
Marge Harris called me to thank all who sent cards on Bud's passing and to those who attended the service. She is not sure if she will return to Saddlebag this year. A phone call of encouragement to her at 519-666-3728 would be nice.
Other News: If you have information on illness or death of any of our Saddlebag friends, please let me know.
Please remember our Saddlebag friends with prayers, cards and phone calls.
Lois Lapsley Saddlebag Sunshine Lady
863-696-1111 - email: RDL@slrmail.com
And now for the Good News:
Birthdays: Buck Smith, this Saturday.
Anniversaries: Earl and Carol Goetz, 56 years this Saturday.
New Owners/Renters: None
Announcements: Our lake level this week is 102 feet and 5 inches. Last week our lake level was 102 feet and 1/2 inches. We had a few inches of rain last week due to Hermine.
Directories: Available from Sue Beagle. $2.00 per copy and they are orange in color.
Horseshoe Club: Horseshoes club thanks all, SLR for saving aluminum cans, We have two places to collect cans, down at the waste treatment plant, and over at the horseshoe pits
Karaoke: This Saturday there will be no karaoke.
Labor Day Potluck: Contact Lyn Larson for more information. Bring a dish to pass and your table service. Happy Hour at 4 PM and dinner at 5 on September 6. Karaoke will follow by Lenny and Cheryl.
SLR Church: There will be a potluck on September 14 at 6PM sponsored by our church here in the resort. Bring a dish to pass and your table service.
Can Tabs: Joan Hannon is still collecting can tabs, which are then donated to Ronald McDonald House.
Calendars: Any extra calendars you have, Tomi Blackburn will take and give them out at the Good Shepherd Church Resale shop.
Jackets: Have you lost a jacket. There is 15 of them in the Clubhouse. If you have lost one, kindly come down and pick it up. They are hanging on the coat rack by the front door of the clubhouse.,
Current Issues: For those of you up North that really want to know what is happening down here: Login to Saddlebaglakeresort.net.. Also, remember the new Website. Slresort.net.
Potlucks: Fridays at 5PM, 6 PM is Nickle-Nickle
Post Office: Monday-Saturday, 11AM-12AM
Name Tag: Please wear it if you have one.
Emergencies: Call 911. Also, call 863-604-4321. This number gets you to our security personnel. This is a cell phone number. The number is also prominently displayed on the front cover of the directory.
Travel: Day Trips:
1. Seminole Casino Brighton September 28th. $25.00 per person.
2. Winter Park Playhouse: “All Hands on Deck" October 5th. $80.00 per person. Includes lunch with gratuity and reserved seating.
3. Ice House Theater presents: “Corpse" September 17th$63.00pp Trip includes same amenities as # 1.
4. Mount Dora Craft Fair October 22nd. $31.00 per Person.
5. Early reminder because this trip always fills up quickly: First Baptist Church of Orlando presents: “Singing Christmas Trees" December 18th (Sunday) $61.00
6. Fisherman's Village Christmas Lights Boat Cruise December 8th. $50.00 per Person.
There are also 3 Overnights being planned:
- Callaway Gardens in Callaway, Ga for Christmas lights in December 12-15, 2016.
- Key West: 2 trips!! Choose the best itinerary for you!
- January 10-12, 2017. $550.00 per person double or $900.00 single. Includes: deluxe escorted motor coach transportation, 2 nights hotel accommodations at the Fairfield Inn in Key West and on/off privileges aboard the Old Town Trolley in Key West. Reservations must be made ASAP! Cut off date is December 5th.
- February 4-7th, 2017 $760.00 Per Person, double and $1180.00 single.
Includes: deluxe escorted motor coach transportation, 3 nights hotel accommodations at Fairfield Inns (1 night in Ft. Myers and 2 in Key West. On/off privileges aboard the Old Town Trolley in Key West, and one-way transportation on the Key West Express from Ft. Myers to Key West.
- Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Tour: February 19-20, 2017. Will include a dinner cruise on the Jungle Queen, city tour of Miami and lunch in Little Havana.
- February 22-23, 2017. This will be an overnight gambling trip to the Dania Beach/ Hollywood Florida area. Will include visits to 3 casinos!
5. A trip to Nashville area in March. Details as they are available.
Cruises: Please call or email me with any questions re' cruises! CJ sends me notices of many specials, and if I know what you are interested in, I will forward them on to you.
Currently, we have a group going on the MSC Divina in January, 2017 and on the Norwegian Epic in February, 2017. There are cabins available on both cruises….so join us! We already have our date for our pre- cruise meeting & Bon Voyage Party with CJ. That will be on December 12th!
Two more tours have been added for 2017. 1st is Portugal and The Douro River Cruise. Departs September 24th for 11 days and 24 meals.
2nd is Hawaii Four Islands! Departs October 12th, 2017. 11 days and 14 meals!
Email me if you have any further questions! Or comments!
Nancy Balch 696 1219 Ladynan48@gmail.com
Lori Garcia 696 3245 29 Silversides (Cruise
Managers' Report:Hello and good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend!
No report today because of the Holiday.
Thank you and have a Great week!
This newsletter is intended to inform everyone with an email address about what is happening here in SLR during the summer. If you know of someone who is not receiving this newsletter, it can still be read on the website: http://saddlebaglakeresort.net. You must Log-In to get the Koffee Klatch, on the left hand side of the screen, After log-in, and clicking on Koffee Klatch, the latest newsletter will be on the screen. All of the past newsletters will also be there. Just click on the date you want to read.
Anyone having any comments, observations, or email address changes, please e mail Bob Trombley at email@example.com.
Unsubscribe Non Newshound SaddlebagLakeResort.net eMails
Unsubscribe All SaddlebagLakeResort.net eMails'