Saddlebag Lake Resort
SLR Shuffleboard Club
2012-2013 to start soon, so limber up and come out for some fun
· Upcoming tournaments: Nov. 8-9 @ Avon park- Draw doubles, 75 points/16 frames Nov.15-16 @ Avon Park-Draw doubles 75 points/16 frames
Dec. 6-7 @ Avon Park-Mixed doubles
Come out for a new experience at Shuffling.
Florida SLR Shuffleboard Association has updated their fees and the cost will be $6.00 per person this year
· Don't forget for those fortunate enough to get to the Resort early that Nov. 6 is the start date for our “Early Bird Shuffle"
· New Start Time 9:55 a.m.: We will count heads and arrange the court chips at 9:55 a.m. Anyone arriving after the draw will not be playing in the 1st game
· GAMES TO START AT 10:00 A.M. SHARP If for some reason (meeting, weather) we cannot shuffle in the morning that day's game will start at1:15 p.m.
· Beads will be used again this year
· We will need to spend some time to clean and prepare the courts for the 2012-2013 season. And we will need volunteers.
· Many hands make light work so get your thinking cap on as to how you can help with the activities.
· EARLY BIRD SHUFFLE will have NO monetary rewards for those that are playing!
· If you are new to the resort or game of SLR Shuffleboard come to the courts and try your hand
· We will bejoining the Florida SLR Shuffleboard Association again this year so our club members can enjoy the many tournaments available outside our Resort.
· Early Birds can socialize at our 1st social function in early December. Hot dogs or pizza at the courts and catch up on the news of the summer.
· We hope that everyone will participate in the social get together.
· Pricing for the social: 1 Buck 1 Buck 1 Buck
· Dogs: $1.00 Beer: $1.00 Soda: $1.00 dogs are hot, beer is cold!
· NEW SYSTEM: for court assignments to start the 4thweek. We will be having the TOP 12 people draw 1stand play each other in the first game. We hope this will allow the newer shuffler to enjoy the game more, and give the top 12 more of a challenge.
ABOVE ALL WE WANT EVERYONE TO ENJOY THE GAME TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY.